What the heck does “Being Heart-Centered” mean?! It seems like I see heart-centered blah blah blah everywhere I go online. Heart-Centered Meditation, Heart-Centered Counseling, Heart-Centered Reiki, Heart-Centered Cardiac Care (just kidding–but that would be nice). Um, I even say some of my services are heart-centered!
Let’s break it down.
- The heart (including Heart Chakra area) is one of our strongest connections to the Divine and, therefore, to our Divine Self; also referred to as higher self or true self.
- Being heart-centered means connecting to yourself and honoring your higher self.
- Being heart-centered means moving away from thinking and focusing on the feeling.
- It means listening to and making choices that are aligned with your values, desires, needs, purpose, and intuition.
- It means while listening to those quiet whispers from above, we quiet the sometimes nagging and fearful ego mind.
- I read somewhere online that some called heart-centeredness is self-care for the soul. (I like that!)
- Being heart-centered can encompass all the things we think of when we use the word, “heart”: being brave or courageous, inspired, fairness, kindness, integrity, compassion, love, peace, joy, intuition, faith, trust, happiness, empathy, honesty, being open, being mindful, having limitless potential.
What would be the benefits of Being Heart-Centered?
- We would feel a bit more grounded; more confident in our self and our abilities.
- We would feel safe to explore our needs and desires.
- We would be more comfortable in our own skin; letting us live a more authentic life.
- We would feel more self-love, self-care, and self-compassion, allowing us to send out more love, care and compassion to others.
- Life would be more fulfilling and satisfying.
Sounds good. How do I sign up? It is deceivingly simple and soooo hard at the same time.
- Start by beginning to increase your self-awareness.
- Get to really know yourself. Not who you think you or anyone else thinks you “should be”, but who you are at your core. What guides you? define your values? What gives your life purpose?
- Begin trusting yourself, trusting your intuition.
- Practice connecting to yourself and Source (however you define this-Universe, God, Mother-Nature,etc).
- This can be done in moments of silence, pray or meditation
- Tune out the noise and chatter from the outside world and just listen…to you.
- Practice being patient. Practice being love. Practice being acceptance.
- Practice self-love, self-care, and self-compassion.
- Extend love, care and compassion to others.
- Take action when inspired (add trust your intuition to this one). Pull back on the reins when you are freaking out or are desperate for change.
- Extras: Remember to breathe. Tap into your creative side. Nurture your body, mind, and spirit. Stop comparing your journey with another’s journey (this also includes: step away from social media). Spend time in nature. Engage in joyful experiences. Make time for being with supportive friends and family.
See? It is deceivingly simple and soooo hard at the same time. But keep trying.
Need a boost? Email me at email@example.com for to chat about ways you can be heart-centered.