Counseling (also called Therapy)
Counseling is simply a safe space to talk. The frequency of how often we meet and the course of our work together is individualized and tailored to meet your needs. When we meet, we will talk about what is not working in your life. Together, we will work on how to get you “unstuck”. We will create a plan that is right for you. We will discuss strategies for managing tough emotions and difficult relationships. We will address the best communication techniques for you to be heard. Stressful life transitions will be tackled together. I will provide support, guidance and accountability as you seek to achieve a personal goal.
*Counseling will be a great fit for assisting you along your journey to change.
Move forward in your life, find balance, achieve peace, and fully love and accept yourself.
Areas of Support
- Worry and Anxiety
- Sadness and Depression
- Self-Esteem and Self-Worth
- Loss and Grief
- Self-Care and Stress Management
- Ending or recovering from unhealthy relationships; Breakups, divorce, co-dependency and ACOA issues
- Coming out, Self-Acceptance or Self-Affirmation; LGBTQ
- Support for Military Deployment/ Return and Separation and Support for Military Spouses/ Significant Others
- Substance Abuse; Support for Relapse Prevention and Support for Family Members?Significant Others
I would love to welcome you to my office during day-time, evening or Saturday office hours for an In-Office Counseling session. My office is located in a tranquil former farmhouse on the east side of St. Charles, IL at Rt 64 (Main St) and Dunham Road, west of Kirk Road; minutes east of the scenic Fox River and Downtown St. Charles. Close to the communities of North Aurora, Batavia, Sugar Grove, Elburn, Geneva, Campton Hills, Wayne, West Chicago, and South Elgin. Bring your cup of tea, coffee or I can provide some water and we can sit comfortably and get working!
Women’s Walk and Talk in the Woods
Women’s Walk and Talk in the Woods 2019 is coming to an end soon. Cooler temps, changing leaves, pumpkin spiced everything and that distinct “fall breeze” has arrived. If that doesn’t stop you from going for a walk– then let’s lace up our shoes and hit one of the area forest preserves for our session! This will be an individual session for counseling; but we will get the mind, body and spirit moving. Elburn Forest Preserve, Hickory Knolls, Peck Farm Park, and Red Oak Nature Center are great options. Even though I think a walk and talk in the woods is therapeutic, your insurance company may not agree—so, these sessions will be self-pay. $85 for Walk and Talk in the Woods!!
Online/ Telemental Health Counseling
Sometimes weather, personal comfort level, area of residence, limited mobility or hectic schedules keep people from engaging in therapy. But Online/ Telemental Health Counseling (also called Distance Counseling or Video Counseling) removes those barriers. Connecting with each other via Telelmental Health Counseling is simple, convenient and secure utilizing a HIPAA compliant platform. And most insurance policies covers Telemental Health Counseling! This option is open to all clients who reside in Illinois.
PLEASE NOTE: Not all clients are appropriate for receiving Online/ Video/ Telemental Health Counseling Services; especially individuals in crisis. Clients experiencing suicidal or homicidal thoughts, psychosis, an abusive or violent relationship, or substance dependency that requires immediate medical intervention are not appropriate for this form of counseling.
Believe me, there is power in the group. Support, understanding, gentle feedback, accountability, humor, and fresh ideas. Another bonus? They won’t dent your pocketbook like individual sessions. Group counseling will be limited to 4 attendees, reducing the feeling of being too overwhelmed or lost in the shuffle.
Jump-Starting Change Group: Forget about New Year’s Eve Resolutions! You need to look at change a new way. Through the use of mindset work and vision boards, you will learn how to goal set, to release any blocks to change, and jump start change in any area of your life (relationships, career, health, finances, travel, self-growth, home–any area). This group is comprised of 2 sessions, 120 minutes per session. $65 group. Next group to be scheduled based on client demand. *
*If you would like to get a jump-start on your change process, but prefer having the additional support and guidance of individual work instead of group work; send me a message to schedule your one-on-one appointment (morning or evenings). One-on-one is commitment of at least 2 individual sessions, 60 minutes each, $100 per session (reduced from $135 per session).
Peaceful Warrior Wednesdays: Do you ever wake up on Wednesdays and feel like, “How am I going to make it to Friday?” Um, yeah, it happens to me too. Sometimes my energy already feels zapped by Wednesday morning (yikes!). This mid-week group is a break from the routine. This group will focus on letting go of stress, increasing mindfulness and re-connecting with ourselves. Next group: Based on client demand; we will focus on beginning a meditation practice, only $25! Space is limited to 5!
Fees for Counseling
- Free phone consultation (face-to-face consult may be available)
- Individual Counseling Sessions– 60 minutes, $135
- Group Counseling Sessions– 90 minutes, $50 or 120 minutes, $65
- In-network provider for Optum, United Health Care, Cigna, BCBS PPO and BCBS Blue Choice. All other insurance policies would be billed as an out-of-network provider. Due to contracts with insurance companies, I can not reduce or waive co-payments, co-insurance or deductible amounts. Optum clients: Based on Optum’s policies, all sessions will be scheduled for 45 minutes only.
- Give an Hour Partner– Free weekly counseling session for military members or family member directly impacted and affected by military conflicts.
- Sliding scale Fees- Available for clients who are not utilizing insurance.