Counseling (also called Therapy)
Counseling is simply a safe space to talk. The frequency of how often we meet and the course of our work together is individualized and tailored to meet your needs. When we meet, we will talk about what is and what is not working in your life. Together, we will work on how to get you “unstuck”. We will create a plan that is right for you. We will discuss strategies for managing tough emotions and difficult relationships. We will address the best communication techniques for you to be heard. Stressful life transitions will be tackled together. I will provide support, guidance and accountability as you seek to achieve a personal goal.
Counseling can be a great fit for assisting you along your journey to change.
Move forward in your life, find balance, achieve peace, and fully love and accept yourself.
Areas of Support
- Worry and Anxiety
- Sadness and Depression
- Self-Esteem and Self-Worth
- Loss and Grief
- Self-Care and Stress Management
- Personal Growth
- Ending or recovering from unhealthy relationships; Breakups, divorce, co-dependency and ACOA issues
- Coming out, Self-Acceptance or Self-Affirmation; LGBTQ+
- Support for Military Deployment/ Return and Separation, Support for Military Spouses/ Significant Others
- Support for Family Members and Significant Others with Substance Use Issues
In-Office Counseling (Due to COVID all sessions are online, see below)
How crazy was 2020?? I have moved out of my St. Charles location! Currently, I am only scheduling telemental health sessions. If wanting to use insurance, please check with your policy for telemental health benefits. I am able to provide counseling to any resident of Illinois. (For those outside of IL, Coaching may be an option) Get comfy and let’s get working together!
Online/ Telemental Health Counseling
Sometimes weather, personal comfort level, area of residence, limited mobility or hectic schedules keep people from engaging in therapy. Online/ Telemental Health Counseling (also called Telehealth, Distance Counseling or Video Counseling) removes those barriers. Connecting with each other via telehealth is simple, convenient and secure utilizing a HIPAA compliant platform. Most insurance policies covers Telemental Health Counseling. This option is open to all clients who reside in Illinois.
PLEASE NOTE: Not all clients are appropriate for receiving Online/ Video/ Telemental Health Counseling Services; especially individuals in crisis. Clients experiencing suicidal or homicidal thoughts, psychosis, an abusive or violent relationship, or substance dependency that requires immediate medical intervention are not appropriate for this form of counseling.
Fees for Counseling
- Free 15 minute phone consultation
- Individual Counseling Sessions– 60 minutes, $135
- Group Counseling Sessions– 90 minutes, $50 or 120 minutes, $65
- In-network provider for Optum, United Health Care, Cigna, BCBS PPO and BCBS Blue Choice. I no longer bill out of network policies. Due to contracts with insurance companies, I can not reduce or waive co-payments, co-insurance or deductible amounts.
- Individual Counseling Session for clients who are not utilizing insurance, $100.