Counseling (also called Therapy)
Counseling is simply a safe space to talk. The frequency of how often we meet and the course of our work together is individualized and tailored to meet your needs. When we meet, we will talk about what is not working in your life. Together, we will work on how to get you “unstuck”. We will create a plan that is right for you. We will discuss strategies for managing tough emotions and difficult relationships. We will address the best communication techniques for you to be heard. Stressful life transitions will be tackled together. I will provide support, guidance and accountability as you seek to achieve a personal goal.
*Counseling will be a great fit for assisting you along your journey to change.
Move forward in your life, find balance, achieve peace, and fully love and accept yourself.
Areas of Support
- Worry and Anxiety
- Sadness and Depression
- Self-Esteem and Self-Worth
- Loss and Grief
- Self-Care and Stress Management
- Ending or recovering from unhealthy relationships; Breakups, divorce, co-dependency and ACOA issues
- Coming out, Self-Acceptance or Self-Affirmation; LGBTQ
- Support for Military Deployment/ Return and Separation, Support for Military Spouses/ Significant Others
- Substance Use; Support for Relapse Prevention and Support for Family Members and Significant Others
I would love to welcome you to my office during day-time, evening or Saturday office hours for an In-Office Counseling session. My office is located in a tranquil former farmhouse on the east side of St. Charles, IL at Rt 64 (Main St) and Dunham Road, west of Kirk Road; minutes east of the scenic Fox River and Downtown St. Charles. Close to the communities of North Aurora, Batavia, Sugar Grove, Elburn, Geneva, Campton Hills, Wayne, West Chicago, and South Elgin. Bring your cup of tea, coffee or I can provide some water and we can sit comfortably and get working! PLEASE NOTE: IN EFFORT TO REDUCE THE SPREAD COVID-19, ALL SESSIONS ARE CONTINUING TO BE SCHEDULED VIA PHONE OR TELEMENTAL HEALTH.
Women’s Walk and Talk in the Woods
Women’s Walk and Talk in the Woods may look a little different this year. Looking forward for time for us to lace up our shoes (with masks?!) and hit one of the area forest preserves for our session! This will be an individual session for counseling; but we will get the mind, body and spirit moving. Elburn Forest Preserve, Hickory Knolls, Peck Farm Park, and Red Oak Nature Center are great options. Even though I think a walk and talk in the woods is therapeutic, your insurance company may not agree—so, these sessions will be self-pay.
Online/ Telemental Health Counseling
Sometimes weather, personal comfort level, area of residence, limited mobility or hectic schedules keep people from engaging in therapy. But Online/ Telemental Health Counseling (also called Distance Counseling or Video Counseling) removes those barriers. Connecting with each other via Telelmental Health Counseling is simple, convenient and secure utilizing a HIPAA compliant platform. And most insurance policies covers Telemental Health Counseling! This option is open to all clients who reside in Illinois.
PLEASE NOTE: Not all clients are appropriate for receiving Online/ Video/ Telemental Health Counseling Services; especially individuals in crisis. Clients experiencing suicidal or homicidal thoughts, psychosis, an abusive or violent relationship, or substance dependency that requires immediate medical intervention are not appropriate for this form of counseling.
Believe me, there is power in the group. Support, understanding, gentle feedback, accountability, humor, and fresh ideas. Another bonus? They won’t dent your pocketbook like individual sessions. Group counseling will be limited to 4-6 attendees, reducing the feeling of being too overwhelmed or lost in the shuffle.
I will be offering group sessions; such as Full Moon Meditation, New Moon Meditations and more at
Jump Starting Change: This program is a perfect blend of support and guidance; helping you to create positive and lasting change in your life. I have revamped the program and it is available on Membervault. 3 months of support and course work to help you achieve your goals.
Fees for Counseling
- Free phone consultation (face-to-face consult may be available)
- Individual Counseling Sessions– 60 minutes, $135
- Group Counseling Sessions– 90 minutes, $50 or 120 minutes, $65
- In-network provider for Optum, United Health Care, Cigna, BCBS PPO and BCBS Blue Choice. All other insurance policies would be billed as an out-of-network provider. Due to contracts with insurance companies, I can not reduce or waive co-payments, co-insurance or deductible amounts.
- Give an Hour Partner– Free weekly counseling session for military members or family member directly impacted and affected by military conflicts.
- Individual Counseling Session for clients who are not utilizing insurance, $100.